Diego E. Ruiz Ruperto
Professor Cynthia Pittmann
INGL 3103-128
13 February 2018
Life Compass Reflection
The life compass has a structure that functions like a “snapshot” of how you are in the moment, a great practice for writers because you have an idea of how you were feeling when you were writing. The four components, physical, emotional, mental and awareness are what make up who you are in the day and in life. An advantage of the compass is that you define how you're feeling which is great because you know yourself better than anyone. While doing the compass, you have to remain true to your numbers and not change them for convenience, fear or feeling bad about your numbers. The results of your life compass, affect directly the way you write.
The worst day of my compass, I got a 5 out of 12. That day I received terrible news. The difference in my writing and in my attitude were clear. When making the spiral to make the compass, I made it smaller and with less lines. In my journal, I wrote in a different tone and visibly different, with more spaces between lines and bigger words. In regards to the visual difference, my belief is that I had no regards whatsoever with the structure and I just wanted to express myself writing. Since the situation wasn't temporary, the following day I continued affected but I was getting better and I’d notice because of the increasing numbers in the compass. A couple days later I got a 12 out of 12. The change in my writing was evident. This day I was writing in a happy and positive mood. I believe the life compass helped me surpass the situation out of which I got a 5 out of 12. By seeing the difference of how you were doing before that day to after that day you realize there is something you need to change so you can continue with your good life. Before that day, I got a 9.64 out of 12 average which is a better punctuation, meaning that I feel better.
In my overall results, I got a 9.8 out of 12. My strongest component was the emotional one, which I consider is true. The lowest punctuating one was the physical component. The major reason for the physical component being lower is for all the days that I didn't exercise, practice tennis and/or sleeps as much as I’d want to. The Mental and awareness component ended even which I consider has a relationship because depending on how you are, you can be aware of your surroundings and spiritually. With this life compass, I have my “snapshot” of how I felt during this period of time.
No comments:
Post a Comment