Diego E. Ruiz Ruperto
Professor Cynthia Pittmann
English Intermediate 3103 - 134
8 February 2018
Opposite Sex
The reading’s content has a message beyond barriers. It demonstrates how people put themselves standards and restrictions that don't allow them to be how they want to be and how some people “view the grass greener at the other side of the fence”. A major thing stopping women from doing what they considered men could do was themselves. Nothing can truly stop them from going out on dates, putting on colognes and doing other activities that they considered for “men”. The major change from their life to the essay they were writing was the feeling of being normal, accepted and wanting to please how many people would want them to be, which are reasons to why they may not try to do these things in their real lives. Something I’ve heard is women say that if a man goes out with different women it’s considered “ok” but if a woman does it, it’s not. That is incorrect to me. First, I see it as something natural that some people do and I don't consider it my business but if I were to immerse myself in cases like these, I would treat men and women equally but “the grass may seem greener at the other side of the fence” and some may say differently. Besides this, I consider that there are some real differences when it comes to dating because of natural things but these are not the ones that come to the case when people touch this topic.
Work cited
Pittmann, Cynthia. Class Assignment. Opposite Sex Reflection. UPRRP February 2018
I agree with what you say with "A major thing stopping women from doing what they considered men could do was themselves." But I also believe it's society's fault that they created this false view that woman have on themselves
ReplyDeleteThere's still a major inequality between men and women in our society. The first step to solving this problem is to accept that even in this year, women are still being suppressed and controlled by society.
ReplyDelete